Prism Forums
Please register or login to view the entire forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Prism Forums
Please register or login to view the entire forum!
Prism Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheGood and Other Gods

5 posters

Go down

TheGood and Other Gods Empty TheGood and Other Gods

Post by TG Sun May 27, 2012 2:13 am

Hello Followers and Developers of Prism Online.
I've been noticeably absent lately. This has been a result of the culmination of school, work, and a general lack of time.
I have decided that I'm going to start pouring more free time into this game, so I'll be back around.
I'm around on Skype pretty much 24/7, so if you have a Skype username, PM it to me and i'll friend you. I'm going to be on the IRC too, but Skype is more reliable.
I've taken up playing foolish little games, like Realm of the Mad God, so if anybody wants to jump into some foolish quick Steam fun, let me know your Steam user-names, and I'll add you.
On a more serious note:
We're getting to the point in this game where we're really going to need to step it up. Out concepts need to be better. They can't just be monsters anymore. We need building concepts. We need accessory concepts. We need terrain concepts.
I'm looking to have this game be tailored to the people who want to play it, and that means that RIGHT NOW, when we're actually finalizing concepts, is the time that you need to step up and say/draw what you'd like to see or have in the game.
I WANT to see your ideas. I WANT to see new things.
Look at what hasn't been done, and those are the things we need.
Look at what hasn't been done, and see what YOU'd like to have done, and then TELL ME.
indie has been working hard to bring your art to life, and we need to all stand up to that level.
If you're interested in writing game stuff for me, let me know.
If you're interested in doing enviro concept, let me know.
If you have some ideas not listed here, let me know.
I'm going to be here more, and I'm going to begin expecting the same of you.
This'll be a fun ride, I promise.
-TheGood

oh, and Make sure to check out the Wiki: http://prismonline.wikia.com
TG
TG
NPC Design Department Head

Crystals : 260

https://www.facebook.com/rjsullivan1

Back to top Go down

TheGood and Other Gods Empty Re: TheGood and Other Gods

Post by NuGGa Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 am

Awesome. I know i've been pretty absent too, Ill try to step it up, but I'm going to have a lot on my plate until first of july. I will try to do more music though and write down the questline we've discussed, since i'm not very good at terrain or structures (; I have a friend who is getting into design-school who seemed interested in the project, ill try to get him to draw some stuff, maybe concept art for the cities? Smile
last but not least: shouldn't this be put on the front page? At least the wiki should be under news Smile
NuGGa
NuGGa
Collector
Collector

Crystals : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirgah Sun May 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Heh, I have been addicted to Realm of the mad god recently as well.

Anyway, I am pretty flexible, so I am available to do more or less every item mentioned if the need arises. Really, I just need a task to carry out, so if you need something done, just ask me. (that statement was redundant....)

Pirgah
Hunter
Hunter

Crystals : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by endie Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Nugga: I've hesitated on making a news post about the wiki because we aren't sure if we want everything floating around everywhere. But I think a new post is in order since we're entering a new phase. If your friend would be willing to do paintings (either of original concepts, or of existing concepts) that would be an awesome little promo thing! We could also use a texture artist so if he'd be interested in doing the paintings for textures, have him talk to me (:

Pirgah: What do you enjoy most? For concepts we mostly need NPC and player character concepts. For environments, we need solid building and vegetation (though vegetation less) concepts, and then we'll need models. I'm not big on environment modeling, though I'm going to start making environment props for grasslands/forests once I clear off a bit more of the monster list. We also need quest lines. Quests can be designed for a specific monster's obtainment (though try to work with your own concepts unless you've spoken to the person who owns the concept). We have a number of tasks we can hand out, we just need to know what you're interested in doing.
endie
endie
3D Graphics Department Head

Crystals : 577

http://samluo.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Callista Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 am

Looks like I've come back at a good time Smile I've still got stuff to do but thankfully no more work on my collection!
I'll get started on the products and furniture again, as well as monsters. I'll also start writing some more short stories/give you more snippets of what I've done as I'd like to write plots/quests etc.
Basically anything you need, I'll have a go at Smile

Callista
Collector
Collector

Crystals : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by endie Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Whoo! Can't wait, I always love your enviro designs callista. As far as story goes, me and TG are trying to come up with a story line that ties in the politics of Cantin and makes it more of a world, than just a place. I don't mean like the main quest line, but think like the stormcloaks vs the empire, or the different factions in any faction based game =P Feel free to toss out ideas, since that's in the early concepting stages.

Also, I have to make an apology to you guys. I told you all I would be more active this summer. Well I wasn't counting on getting a full time job (I thought it would only be part time) but I ended up getting a job that consumes me from 9-6 every day, not counting the 1 hr commute both ways. So for now, I'm pretty burnt out after work. Hopefully, I'll be more energetic in a week or so, but the only time I really have to work is on the weekends which are busy doing a number of other things. I'll try really hard to get more production done, but I feel bad about the lack of updates from my end. I know you've all heard the "Real life before ________ game project" excuse before and I myself used to hate that excuse, but now I know how terrible it is XD Since my progress will be slow, I think I need to set a task for myself. Other than the general behind the scenes stuff I'm already doing, what stuff would you guys like to see updates on? I don't think I've really asked you guys for input on what you'd like me to work on most, so I'll ask you now! Obviously, it would be all art stuff. But would you guys want to see paintings (like the world map), concepts, models, monsters, enviro, NPCs what? The list of graphical assets is huge, so really anything is fair game. Since I'll probably be updating slowly, I want to make sure my updates are drool inducing =P
endie
endie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callista Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Firstly, congrats!!!! Part of the working class slobs now huh? Can't wait for that again....

We have a good collection of monster art that's already been officially checked for being part of Prism, how about working on one of them? With the exception of my water monster I think all my others are ok to go (unless there are other alterations needed), I can't vouch for any others drawn by everyone else.
Have we got actual drawings of the playable characters? If not, that might be a good one to do....I know we need more clothing but I find it a little difficult working on clothing unless I can see the character in front of me.
One more thing. I loved your graphical drawings of scenery as well....as long as it relaxes you after work then go for it Smile I don't want you stressing out after you've had a long day and feel that you have to do more.

Lol, lot there Very Happy but those are my ideas. I'm sure the others will have their own opinions too

Callista
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by NuGGa Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 pm

I pretty much agree with Callista Smile You should do something that doesn't feel like more work when you get home from work Smile You know i love your models, and your art i gorgeous. Pretty much everything you do is drool enducing, so don't worry too much about it Smile
How's the programmer hunting going?
And where is the good? Razz
NuGGa
NuGGa
Collector
Collector

Crystals : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by endie Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:43 am

Haha ok guys. I will try to find something cool to update you guys with this weekend. But it may not be art idk. Thanks for the support everyone!

Programmer hunting is slow. We don't have a lot that catches serious programmers yet and we dont really have work for beginner programmers yet.

Not sure where TG is.
endie
endie

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 am

I'm right here. It's a bit foolish for me to be inactive just after my big motivational post. Look for more from me.
I'm always around on skype if you need me. Let me know you want my skype and its yours.
I'm going to be around on IRC more.
I'm currently working on finishing city descriptions. So look for those to FINALLY be done in the next bit.
-TG
TG
TG

Back to top Go down

Post by Callista Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:43 am

Exciting Smile

I've just realised indie that while I've drawn some creatures I haven't told you what colour they are, or how big/small etc they are. That's because I assume you're psychic!!
J/k Smile I'll add a thread in the creature section with a summary of each, that way even if you're doing something else they are all done...otherise I'm just gonna forget yet again!

EDIT: I've had a thought. We have the wiki now but because it's in the early stages why don't we add a Creature summary in/near the approved monsters list on this forum? That way we can use the template from wiki and list everything needed, and when we put the monster onto wiki it'll already be approved, checked and there shouldn't be any modifications to make other than adding images.
I'm more than happy to do the template in this forum, as well as checking everything and even adding the finished monster onto wiki, (though give me time with the last one, I've never added anything to a wiki before apart from a comment lol) what do you guys think?

Callista
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:56 pm

That's a really good idea, and I like that you're showing initiative, Callista.
We can just make a new thread for that.
TG
TG

Back to top Go down

Post by Callista Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm starting to scare myself, two good ideas in a row... o.O

Callista
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Surgery today BB in a few days.
TG
TG

Back to top Go down

Post by endie Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Feel better (:

On a similar note, hopefully I'll have a video for you guys this weekend of some snazzy stuff (:
endie
endie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callista Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:02 am

Hope everything goes ok G-man
Sounds exciting indie Very Happy

Callista