Prism Forums
Please register or login to view the entire forum!

Moving forward....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving forward....

Post by endie on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:37 pm

So after talking with TG today, we both agreed that we need a bit more of a solid gameplan moving ahead with this project. The option we are highly considering at the moment, is focusing on building a much more compact version of this game. This would mean excluding all work except for what we need. After that point, we can reach out and start building other areas. But for now, to keep everyone motivated, and organized I think we should all pick something we want to collaborate on together and get that up and running. It's a much more reachable goal than "build this MMO!11!!!" Of course, if you're very motivated to continue work in another area (like hoskins is working on a town, or if you want to work more on the dragons), that's totally fine. But I think we need to refine our to-do list to something more within our grasp as a small group of people. I think also if we can get more artwork, and more concept stuff done, finding a quality programmer will be leaps and bounds easier.

So, what would you guys like to work on? Programming work aside, what little portion of our world shall we spend time on for now?

Any other ideas as to how we can all group up for a common goal?

Second, I would like to open a discussion about our group interactivity. I realize timezones are a challenge for most of us, so the forums is really the only way for us to all communicate. However, there are some of us who neglect to check the forums. Besides, typing back and forth is much more clumsy than real time chat. We can do a weekly irc meeting to check in with everyone, if only to build morale, but that seems less than ideal since we're kinda spread out. What else can we do so we communicate better? Is it something as simple as setting up a twitter? Or should we try to do something more direct like a group meeting.

I'd like to hear your input on this since I think community is something we have going for us, but is underutilized.

Lastly, I have a general learning question for you all. I'm open to the idea of running a livestream to teach you guys blender. Like the above, we could meet weekly and run a skype conference for any questions or such you might have. Or if you don't wanna do skype, we can just chat through the livestream interface. If you guys are interested in the more graphical side of this, I think this would be the fastest way for me to pass on my knowledge. We could do blender, textures, stuff like that. Each week would be a topic voted on by you guys. What do you think?

3D Graphics Department Head

Crystals : 577

http://samluo.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving forward....

Post by TG on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 pm

As a side note, the livestream may bring new members to our group. The people who show up/participate in contests/consistently do their work will be the ones that we take the most content from and allow privileges of titles.

Keep this in mind.

Just because I'm TheGood doesn't mean I can't be TheBad and TheUgly
TG
NPC Design Department Head
NPC Design Department Head

Crystals : 260

http://www.facebook.com/rjsullivan1

Back to top Go down

Post by endie on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Ok, guys. TG and I have come up with a current goal. Check the devlist page on the main site. If you have any questions, or suggestions, please let us know.

Crystals : 577

http://samluo.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum